World famous for its annual Highland Gathering, Braemar lies
in a spectacular position, amid magnificent mountain scenery. As
popular in winter as it is in summer, the area is renowned for
its superb walking, climbing, skiing and country sports, as well
as its rich local history and abundant wildlife.
52 miles, 84 km (1hr 10mins) west of Aberdeen on the A93.
- An attractive network of low-level way- marked walking and biking
routes, all starting and finishing in Braemar. Click here for
- Accommodation: hotels, Bed and Breakfast, Youth Hostel, backpackers
hostel and Caravan Park.
- Cafes & Restaurants.
- Tourist Information Centre open all year round.
- Bike and ski hire.
- Morrone Birkwood (Birchwood) Nature Reserve lies just outside
- Red deer are often seen around the village.
- For more information click